About Me

My photo
Fashion, music, art,sports, lifestyle, everything you need to know that's fit for you.

Monday, October 18, 2010

FILM: Kanye West’s “Runaway”

KANYE WEST. Love him, hate him, Kanye West is all about pushing the envelopes. From music, Kanye just released his first film entitled “Runaway”. The selected few who had the opportunity to preview it gave it reviews: “ambitious” and “great looking.”

The 40-minute film’s premiere will be broadcast simultaneously on MTV2 and VH1 on October 23 followed by a live Q&A with the man himself over at the Times Square MTV HQ. Encore for those who missed will be on October 26.

The film-noirish “Runaway” is best described by Kanye as “It's the story of a phoenix fallen to Earth, and I make her my girlfriend, and people discriminate against her and eventually she has to burn herself alive and go back to her world….I've been feeling the idea of the phoenix. It's been in my heart for a while. It's maybe parallel to my career. I threw a Molotov cocktail on my career last year, in a way, and I had to come back as a better person.” It’s also inspired by other works like Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” MTV, art from Henri Matisse and Pablo Picasso to Prince’s “Purple Rain” film.

“Runaway” is also a visual accompaniment to Kanye’s up and coming album “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy” to be released on November 22.

Here’s the trailer of the film for your viewing pleasure.




Media Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment